BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY:
Therapeutic Massage is becoming a popular type of therapy that helps millions of people with a wide variety of conditions. The vast majority of these conditions cause stress-related tension, which experts believe account for 80%-90% of disease. Massage has been proven beneficial in treating stress, fatigue, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, smoking cessation and depression, to name just a few. Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic manipulation.
A massage therapist uses a variety of techniques, such as kneading, rubbing and specialized strokes on specific muscles to increase blood flow (circulation) throughout the body. This, in turn, delivers oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and helps eliminate any acids or other waste products that accumulate there, thereby relieving pain.
Chiropractic & massage are a wonderful compliment to eachother. Research shows that the combination of massage & chiropractic produces a quicker and more satisfactory recovery than either therapy alone.
*Chiropractic Care Center offers a discount if paid in full at the time of service.*
*Gift Certificates also Available! *
*(special pricing does not apply when billing insurance carriers)*